Our motto "Courage through kindness" remains the ideal by which we all live our lives. It is our belief that the commitment and enthusiasm of the staff in both enjoying and supporting the children to realise this aim, remains vital.
The Old Cleeve Way outlines clearly what is expected of all staff and children who are part of our school family.
- Adopting a growth mindset where individuals believe that anything is achievable given the combination of hard work and support is fundamental to who we are as learners. If we have high expectations, the children will aspire to great things whatever their talents may be.
- Being kind to each other and ourselves links in with the importance of mindfulness. Seeing yourself, and your happiness, linked to the wider community is increadibly rewarding and creates connections with the people around us.
- We understand that courage is more than being brave. It is having the conviction to develop a strong sense of morals that guide what one does in life.
- We keep learning through trying new things or rediscovering old interests. At Old Cleeve we pride ourselves on the range of extra curricular activities on offer and we are forming strong links in our local community and with other local schools.
- We have chosen a number of the Christian Values that we value as a school community and we encourage all children to be tolerant and respectful to those of different faiths and beliefs.
- Learning new things makes you confident as well as being fun.